Sunday, June 8, 2008

Visa Problems

I thought I'd update to let you know about my latest dilemma: my visa. Without my visa, I can't get my ticket. And without my ticket I can't board a flight to Brazil, can I?
For the past few months, I've been expecting a package in the mail, a phone call, even a friendly 'hello' in my inbox, from the travel agency that I've been assigned to. But in the last week, I noticed that most of my rotary buddies were well on their way to getting their visas, while I hadn't started the process yet. So I called up the travel agency to make my case known, and it turns out that they mailed me the forms three weeks ago, and were lost in the mail!
Frustrated, I requested they send it again. And they were very nice about it, it's certainly not their fault.. just karma, I guess.. bad postal service karma.
Anyway I got my forms in the mail yesterday, and I'm rushing to send them in by tomorrow, since I'm already three weeks behind where I could be.
I've been talking with the other exchange-students-to-be on facebook, and they've all been really nice and supportive in my most recent crisis (not that much of a crisis really, but that's what I'm sticking with). We're spread out all over the country, plus one kid from germany and one from denmark (crazy danes!). It's a pretty crazy chat room we've got going.
In other news, I think my cat got attacked by a vengeful chipmunk! Perhaps related to the one that he slaughtered last week..? I'm scared for his safety.

No comments: