Saturday, July 19, 2008

The big question

How do you make an ethnic costume for the US? I'd been thinking about it for a while, when I was flipping channels a few weeks ago and happened across that old show, The Monkeys.
No way in hell am I dressing up like a monkey. But I remembered that that same channel shows the Little House on the Prairie.
So I decided to make a prairie dress thing, since I'm from the west anyway! So I went to salvation army and spent like four dollars or something and ordered a prairie bonnet online, and now I'm fit to be a permanent cast member on the show! I'm thinking I could be Laura's sarcastic cousin from the east coast. eh? eh?
I don't know if anyone else took this ethnic costume thing as seriously as I did, but even if I'm too embarrassed to wear this when everyone else is in normal clothes, it was fun to put together :)




EDIT: the bonnet is too big. Apparently, I have a head the size of a jelly bean. So I sent it back and ordered a kid's size..

No comments: