Friday, July 25, 2008

In Boston

My parents and I have been driving since Wednesday morning, and now we're staying in Boston for the weekend with some family friends.
Driving through this city, all I can think of is Hollywood. The Boondock Saints, the Departed.. I can't really think of another movie that was filmed here, but I assure you, it was filmed here.
My sister is also in town, doing a music camp thing. She's participating in a music group with 5 other Americans, and 20 other people from around the world (She told me she has made friends from Mali, South Africa, and Brazil!) Tomorrow we're going to Salem (my choice).
It's great to see my sister again, since I haven't seen her since May, but she's overwhelmingly condescending at times. I love her, but she really knows how to make me feel bad, even if she doesn't know she's doing it. Just a few days ago, she mentioned how I used to be a musician. That upset me a wee tiny bit, seeing as I play the piano. She explained herself by saying that I don't take music as seriously as I used to. Which I suppose is true, but that doesn't mean that I can't still love it! But I dropped the subject. Music especially is one of those things that you can't fight with her about. She's a professional cellist, after all.
I guess I'm just worried that we'll get in a horrible fight that will result in me feeling crappy about myself (and my lack of musicianship) right before I leave for Brazil.
But this is the last time I'll see my sister for an entire year, and I'm going to make the most of it, regardless of how high my self esteem is!


-----

by the way, I've been taking lots of pictures. I'll post them all when I get to a place where I can hook up my own computer to the internet.

No comments: