Friday, August 8, 2008

7 Days

.. until I leave. I'm almost scared to turn on the TV right now, afraid that the girl from the Ring will pop out and eat my face. Don't judge.

Some friends that are in my district in Brazil are leaving today. I'm really excited for them, and also jealous that they're already on their way to Brazil, and I still have 7 days to go. They've just started the best year of their lives! Today, they're taking the first step on a huge adventure that they'll remember forever! I can't wait to join them. Of course, they are missing the opening night of the Olympics.

I'm watching the Parade of Nations right now. President Bush is sitting in the crowd with his wife. It's not that his image or his self disturbs me, but as an extremely political kid, and a very passionate liberal person, it pisses me off how he presents himself.
He sat down in his seat and put on a surly expression. He was extremely rude. He slouched lower in his seat and checked his watch, and when Iraq passed in the parade, he had this horribly smug look on his face.
He makes it really difficult to represent my country in a good light. With every rude move he makes in everyday situations, he supports the American stereotype of stupid, obnoxious, and rude fat white people, and let me assure you, I'm not like that at all. And none of my American friends are like that either. But our president? I know that Bush isn't stupid, despite his reputation. I mean, morally I'd say he's on the lower scale of intelligence, but he's not a stupid guy. He knows exactly what he's doing as president. So he can stop this show of acting ignorant and obnoxious.
So shape up, President Bush! Courtesy! Civility! Respect!

Yeah, yeah, I know. Not going to happen.

No comments: