Thursday, August 14, 2008

One Day Left

I've recently decided that I'm not going to worry anymore, about things that I can't control. So I'm not terribly nervous about planes arriving on time, weather, ect.
But I still can't help but think about things. It was two years ago that I first started thinking about going on exchange. Since then my ideal country changed from Brazil to Colombia to Japan to Argentina, to Iceland, to Denmark, to South Africa, and back to Brazil.
I just can't believe how much has happened since then. I made amazing friends, I left said amazing friends, I made amazing new friends, and now I'm leaving them too. But this time I'm coming back, for the first time in.. a very long time.
Every time I've moved, people have told me how much they'll miss me, that sort of thing. But I never really understood it until somebody actually left me. When Tati left, I felt so ripped apart, and now I finally understand what people mean when they tell me these things. But it still doesn't change my feelings about anything. I'm going away for a year and that's that.
It's just hard to put it all together- I've been waiting for this for two years, and now finally I'm boarding the plane tomorrow.

School started a few days ago. And since my school for some reason enrolled me in classes, I went with Nicole to the first day. Everyone I saw was confused, it was pretty funny. But I was so sad, leaving at the end of the day. It's a pretty awful school, most of its teachers are awful, but I still felt horrible leaving everyone behind. Even more so, I still feel really weird that I'm coming back. It's always been the opposite.

I don't know. It's not something that I can properly document, I guess.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I will miss you soo much! You better come back to me and not change your mind and move to some place crazy like Indonesia. I love you mucho chica. You need to teach me Portuguese when you come back.
TE QUIERO!!

Anonymous said...

ey zoe !! I hope you enjoy a lot in Brazil and don´t worry for nothing because I´m sure you are going to stay great with the families and you are going to came back from indiana talking a lot of portugues! casi bilingüe!!
te echo de menos! espero que escribas mucho.besos sister
claudia!