Friday, August 29, 2008

DISCULPA

Disculpa means sorry. I say it a lot.
I haven't updated my blog in a long time! And I'm sorry! I've been busy! But here is the week in photos for you.

This is Wilson, and *another girl*, from school
He loves my camera

seriously, all day today he was using it.

All morning, I kept looking up, thinking I heard a bird call, coming from the air conditioner. I kept asking people if they heard it too, but they dismissed it for a bird sitting on the window.
But I knew.
So they finally did figure out that there was a tiny helpless brazilian bird caught inside the air conditioner, and rescued it. It was epic.

Also, today we had PE- which was a girl's arm wrestling competition in the classroom. I ended up competing for the championship of the classroom, but my opponent got really angry and scary, and I kept bending my wrist, so after two retries, I gave up and let her win.
Well, I shouldn't say that, I probably would have lost anyway. But at least I kept my honor. Anyway as soon as she put my arm down on the table, the whole class erupted in 'Brasil! Brasil!'. Kyle, behind me, said 'you failed your country.'

me and my scary opponent
she's actually a really nice girl, but I swear I saw fire in her eyes when arm wrestling.

I'm so glad I found someone with a piano- not only can I hang out with Kyle and Hellen and Luan, but I can practice as well :)
I finally found my way to their house the other day. I was walking downtown when I decided I wanted to hang out with them, so I called, and was basically told to find my own way. crazy deserters (is that even a word? my english is getting so bad..!).
I made it most of the way, and then got too lost. So I called again, and they said they would come out to meet me. As soon as I hung up with Sven (he was there too), there was something up with my cellphone. And, trying to figure out what was wrong with it, I suddenly felt someone come up and grab me from behind. I screamed (like I always do, but this time I really was terrified- my family keeps telling me about how there are dangerous men on the street that would like nothing more than to rape and murder me- this was it. This was my time. American exchange student found dead in Brazil. Rotary Youth Exchange students sent home. Brazil and the USA wage war. Devastation on both sides. Nuclear holocaust. Rotary International closed down. Aliens see turmoil on Earth and take advantage- Earth no more.)- turns out it was just Sven, Kyle, and Luan scaring the shit out of me.
I tripped on like, 9 potholes on the way back to their house, which, it turns out, was only like a hundred feet away from where I gave up.
Anyway Hellen was there, and later Jasmine showed up, we watched some brazilian soap opera about mutants (it was AWESOME), and I figured out how to play the soundtrack to Blood Diamond.



me and hellen


Luan and the piano that I've been working on (it reminds me WAY too much of my first piano.. sad memories)

Tonight, in about 20 minutes, me and my host mom are going to pick up Jasmine, and then we're meeting Sven, Kyle, and Noquina, our counselor, to take a 6 hour bus trip ride thing to Salvador, the capital of Bahia. There we'll have a weekend orientation. I'm excited to finally meet all the other exchange students that I've been talking with online for months!
I'll post everything when I get back, sunday night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

siiiiiiiiiiis!! hahaha you are so pretty in the pictures! ohhh did you find a piano! that´s great haha! you looks like very happy!!cool !
well, Yo también digo disculpa,o lo siento mucho jajaja!
cuantos años llevas aprendiendo portugues?
beijos! claudia

Nicole said...

Hahaha. I doubt Brazil has enough (if any) nuclear weapons for a holocaust.

I miss you.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

oooo, look at the muscle definition in your arms! Strong American girl! Thats my sister!!
-Dev