Saturday, August 23, 2008

guys guys guys

you know how I freak out if I don't practice piano for a long time? In Brazil, pianos are fucking hard to find. At least in my city. There's no piano in my school, none in the church that my family goes to, the only one I could find was in the Music School downtown, where I would have to pay 70 reias, about 50 dollars, to practice 3 times a week for an hour. Totally lame.
Well last night, I went to an Interact meeting. This takes place once a week, where all the inbounds, outbounds, and any other kids involved in exchange meet and hang out. There was official business for like five minutes, and then the president, a guy from my school, rang this little bell thing, and we all got up and talked, I met a few people, it was cool.
We all went to the mall (that's where everyone hangs out and eats outrageously expensive mcdonalds, ha) and hung out there, and I found that the older brother of my best friend from school (hellen), was an exchange student to Sweden a couple years ago!
Most everyone was speaking portuguese, Kyle and Jasmine were speaking english, Sven and a girl who was an exchange student to Germany were speaking German, so me and Hellen's brother were speaking swedish/danish.
Let me just say, I had no idea how much I had forgotten. It wasn't even complete Danish, it was like a mix of Danish and Portuguese and English. I would be like..
"Eu tagede toget til Sweden uma vez."
which means, in portuguese, danish, and english,

I took the train to Sweden one time.

That's messed up, I gotta say. But I've always had this problem..
Turns out he's in a band, and he plays the piano :3
Sven plays too, but he's not desperate to practice like I am. Anyway I said sometime I could play for him, hinting at the fact that I have no idea where I can practice. So I'm going running with Hellen sometime today, and I'm going to find out if I can come over and play for them. He said I can play there whenever I want!
Heh. :)
sorry, no pictures this time. I forgot my camera last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoee.
Encontrei seu blog!
Seus posts são muito legais! É bom saber que vc está gostando do Brasil.
Ah! Em relação a sua familia, tudo vai melhorar! Fique tranquilaa!
Aproveite muitoo!

Beijoos. :*

Nicole said...

Hooray!! I'm so glad you found a piano to play! I wouldn't want you going crazy on those poor innocent Brazilians.

I love you chica!